Do you need a juicer to make fresh juice? A juicer is an essential machine you need to extract fresh juice from fruits and vegetables. However, you don’t necessarily need one to make juice. It could be you are on a budget or have limited countertop space in your kitchen. You can learn how to juice without a juicer and enjoy delicious fresh juices at home.
Whether you are juicing for health reasons or simply want to enjoy freshly extracted juice, lack of a juicer should not deny you this opportunity. I will show you how to make different types of juices without a juicer. Read on till the end for more tips.
How To Juice Without A Juicer?
Juicing without a juicer is easy. You need to have a blender, fine mesh strainer, spatula, and a bowl. With these items, you are ready to make home-made juice without spending too much money.
After collecting your juicing essentials, the next thing is to choose the ingredients you want to juice. To get the best outcome, you can begin with recipes that work well in a blender.
Wash your juicing ingredients and cut them into larger sizes. If you are dealing with citrus, peel it first. For produces like ginger, carrots, and bets, no need to peel them. You can just wash them and cut off the hairy bottoms and the top.
Read Our Most Popular : Best Masticating Juicers Reviews
Put the chopped ingredients in your blender and the order in which you put them matters. Put the juicier items like tomatoes, pears, cucumber, and citrus at the bottom. After that, you can add the greens and other harder items. You can add some juice, water, or anything else to help with blending.
After blending to a consistent solution, pour your blended juice in the mesh strainer over the bowl. Use the spatula to squeeze more juice. After straining, pour the juice into your glass and enjoy your fresh juice.
Remember to clean the mesh strainer immediately because the pulpy pieces can be hard to remove when they stick. Use running water and clean in the opposite direction to make it easy for the little bits to come off. If they are stubborn, you can clean them with a stiff-bristled brush.
- If you use kale, it is great to balance it with pineapple so that your juice doesn’t become bitter.
- If you are using carrots and beets, you can add an apple to keep the juice sweet, light, and refreshing.
- You can prepare your juice before and store it using mason jars in your fridge. However, it is always great to drink it fresh.
Read Also : Different Types Of Juicers With Their Pros And Cons
1. How to Juice a Lemon Without a Juicer:
Want to make refreshing lemonades during summer? You need to know how to extract juice from lemon without a juicer and there are many methods you can use to do that. Here is a creative process you can follow to extract fresh juice from lemon without a juicer:
- Cut your lemon in quarters and put it in the mixing bowl.
- Use plastic to cover the bowl and turn the mixture in a low setting.
- Wait for the mixture to do its work until it juices all the juice in the lemon.
- Pour the mixture on a strainer to eliminate pulp and seeds.
- Your stained juice is ready and you can refrigerate until when required.
2. How To Make Cold-Pressed Juice Without A Juicer:
Cold-pressed juice tastes better but buying it regularly can be expensive compared to making yours at home. Drinking cold-pressed juice gives your body maximum minerals and vitamins from the fruits and vegetables.
If you don’t have a juicer, you don’t need to worry because there is an easy way you can prepare your cold-pressed juice. You only need a blender and your fruits and veggies. Follow these steps to make your fresh juice:
- Select the fruits or vegetables you want to juice. It could be leafy greens, carrots, apples, ginger, or anything you love. Chop the fruits and put them in the blender.
- Add ½-1 cup of drinking water based on the thickness you want to achieve. Start blending and wait until you can’t see any chunks.
- Your juice will contain more pulp. Use a strainer to remove the solids and enjoy your juice.
3. How To Make Carrot Juice Without A Juicer:
If you ask many people, they will tell you a real juicer is the only way to make fresh juice. However, not everyone can afford a fancy juicer. You can still enjoy your carrot juice without a juicer. Here are some steps to help you prepare your favorite carrot juice:
- Wash your carrots well and then chop them into pieces.
- Add them to any type of blender.
- Add some water depending on the thickness you prefer.
- Blend the mixture on a medium setting until everything is pulverized.
- Use a strainer or nut milk bag and pour the blended mixture.
- Squeeze it to get as much liquid as possible. You can use the pulp in making other recipes.
- Enjoy the juice especially in the morning when your stomach is empty.
4. How To Make Apple Juice Without A Juicer:
If you thought of making apple juice without a juicer is impossible, then you need to try this recipe and get your juice ready.
- Wash your apples and get rid of any grit or dirt. Eliminate the cores and cut them into larger sizes.
- Fill the blender and close the lid.
- Turn the blender and ensure it is on medium-low heat and blend until you get a uniform puree.
- You can stop and stir just in case some pieces of apples are stuck.
- Pour the puree in a milk bag or linen bag and twist the top a few times.
- Use your other hand to hold the twist and hold the bag over a larger bowl to collect the juice.
- Squeeze the puree until you can’t extract any more juice from the bag.
- Serve your juice right away and you can refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze it if you plan to use it later.
5. How To Juice Celery Without A Juicer:
Celery juice is delicious and healthy especially when you take it the first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Drinking celery juice gives you clearer skin, more energy, weight loss, improved digestion, and reduced bloating. It also heals chronic diseases like migraines, addictions, acid reflux, acne, constipation, and allergies just to mention a few.
How can you make this juice at home if you don’t have a juicer? Well, you don’t need a juicer to enjoy celery juice. You need a blender, a nut milk bag, and a mason jar. Let’s get started:
- Wash and chop the celery into small pieces and put it in the blender.
- Add chilled filtered water about 24 oz in the blender.
- Cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the blender.
- Blend the contents for about three minutes.
- Put two lemon slices in the mason jar.
- Pour the mixture into the nut milk bag to separate the juice from the pulp and pour the juice into the mason jar.
- Serve your juice chilled. You can store it refrigerated for about 48 hours.
6.How To Make Green Juice Without A Juicer:
You can make green juice and enjoy many health benefits without a juicer. Green juice is a great way to start your day and you can prepare it if you have a blender, mesh strainer, spatula, bowl, and fruits or vegetables.
I will show you how to make green juice using cucumber, green apples, celery, water, lemon, and ice. You can also choose to use other ingredients like spinach, kale, mint, ginger, or parsley. Follow these steps below:
- Wash your cucumber apple and celery and cut them into pieces. Add water and the chopped produce to your blender and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Place a mesh strainer or nut milk bag over a large bowl and put the blended mixture in the bag. Squeeze it carefully until all the juice gets in the bowl leaving the pulp behind.
- Cut your lemon and squeeze some lemon juice in the strained juice.
- Put the ice on glass and add your juice. You can refrigerate the remaining juice for about 7 days.
You don’t need a juicer to make your favorite juice drink. Some people don’t consider buying a juicer because of the hard cleanups and the amount of space it takes in your kitchen.
In other cases, you might not have enough budget to buy a juicer. Regardless of your reasons for not owning a juicer, you can still enjoy great-tasting juices without a juicer. I have given you a detailed guide on how to juice without a juicer. I have also included some juice recipes you can try at home. You can follow these tips and prepare healthy juices at a fraction of the cost of buying from a juice bar.
Hello, This is Annie Walker, a 36-year-old blogger, founder, and editor of Cookware Guider from NY, USA. I am a cookware fanatic and passionate cooker. I love to cook with different types of cooking appliances (example: all types of cookware, rice cookers, slow cookers, etc) almost every day in my kitchen. I love to share my experience with my readers in my blog. Also, I enjoy helping people to solve their problems through my website. You can follow me on Twitter & Pinterest. To know details about my blog please check the about us page.